A New Camera

I ordered a new camera online last week from Wolf Camera. It was because I had been spending time reading and oohing and ahing over blog spots like 7MSN and Shutter Sisters and Dog Photographer Erin Vey, and many more, who tell stories with gorgeous photos and words. What an inspiration! And then I ran into various photo challenges - like 9 photos every day for a week, or a photo a day for a year. Just thinking about taking photos on a regular basis started me noticing the little details that were overfamiliar and therefore invisible parts of my daily life. All of a sudden the autumn leaves brought down by the wind and rain were sidewalk art. Union station was not just a huge building to be rushed through to catch the 5:25, but a collection of beautiful architectural details.
I will use this blog to track the renewed attentiveness I hope to gain by viewing part of my life as a series of pictures. Hopefully along the way I'll also get better at taking pictures, too.
So here we go. Day 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Car Psychosis

Seven Pounds