Happy New Year!

Gone are the 'oughts', in with the teens!

It was about 4 degrees when I took Weezie out this morning. No wind, though and brilliant sunshine making the snow sparkle. It seemed colder yesterday at the dog park when it was in the 20's with a nasty wind.

I had my usual cup of caffeinated tea this morning. That's about all the caffeine I can handle before I get the shakes. So I have a great collection of decaf teas.



So it seemed like the perfect day to brew up a pot of decaf Chai. When we were little girls living at my grandparents' house, we were allowed Sunday tea with the adults. Grandma got out her lovely china cups and saucers from Germany and filled our cups half full of tea, half full of milk and then added lots of sugar. Milky sweet tea brings back such fond memories.



Some of my ancestors come from Ost Friesland. I have discovered two interesting facts about Ost Friesland. One is that in the past Ost Friesland was the butt of the (pick your nationality) jokes in Germany. The other is that it's known for sweet milky tea. So what goes around, comes around, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Car Psychosis