The Earth Laughs in Flowers

Or so says Ralph Waldo Emerson.

The people who owned this house before us were not gardeners but this spring and summer, I've begun transforming the yard.  Hopefully these pictures will cheer us through the long winter.

Potato Vine - I just noticed that the new leaves are edged in purple.

Photobucket

Black-eyed Susan with friend. I don't know what the bug is - I hate to kill it just in the unlikely event that it's a "good" bug. Anybody know what it is?
Photobucket

Purple Petunia - I was trying to focus on the pistil/stamen - whatever those parts are inside - but with the camera on automatic, it didn't quite work.
Photobucket

Paniculata Hydrangea - they smell heavenly and are covered with bees all day long.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Where Have I Been?