Silverwood Farms Horse Show

On Sunday, Susan and I drove up to Silverwood Farms in Camp Lake, Wisconsin, to watch our trainer's horses in a show.  Of course, I forgot to check my camera battery before we left, so I only got a couple of pictures before the camera died, darn it. 

It was a sunny warm day, hotter than forecasted but lovely in the shade with a little breeze.  Connie has 2 young warmbloods, Dalisco and Amor.  They're both amazingly talented, especially given their ages and amount of training.  Daphne, another trainer, rode Dalisco, riding level 4, tests 1 and 2 and got firsts both days.  Connie rode Amor in some training level tests. And found out that, at least on Sunday, she and Amor were number 1 nationally in the USDF standings. Cool, huh? 

Here's Daphne warming up Dalisco.

Photobucket

And here's Connie cooling him down after level 4, test 2.  Geez, what a complicated test.  It looked really hard to ride (remember that I'm a beginner and that even doing circles that aren't egg-like is hard for me, but this test looked HARD).
Photobucket

Connie always looks so elegant, doesn't she?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Where Have I Been?