A Day with Horses and Friends

The IDCTA (Illinois Dressage and Combined Training Association)Finals were held over the weekend at Silverwood Farm in Camp Lake, Wisconsin. Two of our friends from Sunflower Farms were in the Finals and Susan and I drove up Sunday afternoon to watch them ride. It was a perfect fall day.

Photobucket

Susan in the Viewing Stand (I waited until after she stopped sticking her tongue out at me before I took the picture. Such self-control.)
Photobucket

Warm-ups with riders and horses of all shapes, colors and sizes.
Photobucket


Here are Joann, her mother from Greece and her horse Annie Oakley. Annie's mouthing off here, kind of reminds me of Mr. Ed. She did a lot of whinnying yesterday, probably because she hadn't been away from Sunflower Farms for 2 years and she was calling for her friends.
Silverwood Farm IDCTA finals,september 2010

Joann and Oakley warming up.
Photobucket
Connie, our trainer and teacher, giving Alyssa and Taylor some last minute tips. I love this picture.
Photobucket

Alyssa and Taylor.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Where Have I Been?