Robert's 50th HS Reunion

Last weekend Robert and I drove to Omaha, Nebraska, where he grew up and graduated from high school. The occasion was his 50th HS reunion from Westside High School. 50 years!!! As the spousal unit otherwise known as of absolutely no interest to the high school class, I took my camera along and shot pictures. I have driven many, many miles this summer and this trip added another 1000. (ARG!)

The Friday evening reception was at a lovely art gallery, Anderson O'Brian Fine Arts in downtown Omaha. What a great place for this reception! Here are a few shots to showplace the ambience.

westside high school,omaha,nebraska,reunions

Westside High School,Omaha,Nebraska
Here's another spouse grateful for the venue.
westside high school,omaha,nebraska,reunions

So we drove to Omaha - 500 miles - on Friday and went to this lovely reception. On Saturday, we took a bus tour of Omaha. It struck me as a little gem of a city. Many families who made their fortune there have given back to support the arts and sports. Warren Buffet is only one of many. And by the way, my husband and his brother Tom used to shovel Mr. Buffet's driveway for a generous $5 each.

Unfortunately, the weather was not great so I didn't take many photos, but here's a cool bridge that sinuously crosses the Missouri from Omaha, Nebraska to Council Bluffs, Iowa. So you can walk from one state to another, or as the Nebraskans say from Nebraska to nowhere. You can feel the bridge moving as the wind blows.

westside high school,omaha,nebraska,reunions

Here's a skyline shot from the bridge.

Omaha,skyline

And check out this huge mural - I think they said it was 700 feet across. The figures are based on real people from Omaha at work and at play.

Omaha,skyline,mural

After a lovely dinner on Saturday night, we drove home on Sunday. And I never want to get into a car again. 4000 miles and counting. I'll get over it. Maybe. Possibly. Okay, probably.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Where Have I Been?