Navi gets oriented

Laura, the woman I bought Navaroan from and who now has him back, and I have been spending a lot of time on the phone. After he unloaded she put him out in the pasture. We weren't sure if he just needed to relax and decompress for a while or what. She said he ran around and around the pasture , kicking and bucking, and just having a grand old time. She had put him out with her other horses and he started chasing them around (which he'd never done before)so she put him in a pasture by himself. When she led him back to the barn, he was doing exactly the same thing he did here, which was to ignore her. She kept having to do things to get his attention back. And by the way, look at those sad eyes. I knew he was unhappy, but looking at these pictures really brings it home.



She rode him on Wednesday and was surprised, I think, not that she didn't believe what I'd been saying, just that it didn't sound like the horse who'd left her 6 or 7 months back. He spooked, he tried a little bucking. But Laura's a very strong rider and is used to dealing with stallions and he didn't get away with much. Her interpretation of the spooks are that he's trying to get out of the bridle and get back on the forehand. She says it's a behavioral problem and she can fix it. She's planning to ride him everyday. I wish I could be with her there and watch the process. I am going to call her a lot.

horses



He may not have been the right horse for me, but I have learned so much about so many things from having him in my life these past few months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Lake Forest Preserve

Seven Pounds

Car Psychosis